Monday, August 25, 2008

Kind of Creepy



Okay, so here's the story. I generally am not a superstitious, or suspicious, or whacked out person who sees the Virgin Mary in every odd shaped corn flake. But this kind of creeped me out.

I was walking past the sink the other morning and felt a 'face' looking up at me. I assumed someone had dropped a magazine page in the dish pan. (Don't laugh. I have boys. I have found stranger things in my dishpan before.)

I went back to dig it out and saw it was just water. And some assortment of juices or food scraps, or something else that leaked off dirty dishes as they were loaded into the dishwasher.

And it was a face. It was so clear in person that I couldn't stop looking at it. Then of course the natural next reaction was to take a picture of it. It felt sacreligious to rinse it out, but after about an hour I had to, for my own peace of mind.

The 'lady' swirled down the sink and has not shown her face again. I'm kind of glad she's gone. Mine should be the only scary face my kids see in the morning.

No comments: