Saturday, March 7, 2009

Artistic Expressions



Over winter break the kids were home for a full week. We dug out supplies and made sculptures out of straws and paper clips. It was fun and we came up with some pretty cool stuff. (paper clips, opened up, are what hold the joints together)



Then we moved on to an old project we did years ago. Building with spaghetti noodles and marshmallows. Baby Boy really got into this one and made some kind of geometric shape. (Aunt Terry, the math teacher, could probably tell me what kind).




It is now three weeks later and this one sculpture has survived, getting sturdier the more the marshmallows hardened. This is what Baby Boy came up with when I asked why we should keep it and not throw it away.

I'm not sure if it's a hat or just an artistic statement. I'm just pretty sure this is not the answer I would have gotten from most girls who were asked the same question.

No comments: